I got an award! Not quite an Oscar, but I’m pleased nonetheless!
Yesterday I wrote a comment on a post from Jen at Let The Sewing Begin following her nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and when Jen replied, she told me “congrats to you, by the way”. I was extremely confused by this – whatever could she mean?! I scoured my last few posts looking for some trace of an achievement that would warrant such a comment (aside from cleaning the bathroom, we all know how tedious that is) but found nothing, so I asked what she meant, only to be informed that I too had been nominated!
Well now! How nice is that?!
ONE. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
I was nominated by Lesley from I F*cking Love Sewing back in June and as I am a bit of a plonker I had absolutely no idea! I just wanted to say a humongous thank you for nominating me. I have only been blogging since May this year, and I’ve found some really lovely blogs and lovely people – it’s nice to know somebody has been reading my ramblings other than my mum so thank you! I also wanted to apologise for not being terribly quick off the mark – promise to do better in future!
TWO. List the rules and display the award.
The rules are in the post – please just copy and paste and get nominating!
THREE. Share seven facts about yourself.
As you may have gleaned from my About page, I don’t really like talking about myself, but here it goes:
- I have a twin sister. We aren’t identical (boy, if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me that!!) and I am 12 minutes younger than she is. She doesn’t sew, although is sometimes partial to some cross-stitch
- I can’t knit. Sewing and knitting seem to go hand in hand across lots of blogs that I follow, but alas, I am not one of the chosen ones. I could probably manage a scarf if I really put my mind to it, but I just can’t quite manage it.
- I went to a very good drama school, which is normally something that surprises people. I went to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA) in London and completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Theatre Costume. Here’s something I made when I was studying. Still not quite sure how I got in as I don’t have a degree…
- Ik spreek een beetje Nederlands. I’m trying to teach myself but it’s hard going when you’re on your own. Any Dutch bloggers want to help me learn?
- I don’t eat eggs. Or raw tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, courgettes/zucchini, blue cheese… I’d be a rubbish vegetarian.
- I am currently saving all of my 10p and 20p coins to save up for a trip to China with Hayden. We have big pot for them but it’s a long way off being full!
- I can read at about 600 words per minute. Not sure how useful this is as a skill or how much information I can retain doing this but I can do it! If you wanted to test yourself, click this link.
FOUR. Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
I’d really like to nominate everyone because you’re all fabulous, but then the chain stops here and I want to spread a little joy where I can, so here are just a few nominations:
Costumes and Fashions by Bethany – Bethany, like me, is a relatively new blogger but she is always so positive and seems to have a good head on her shoulders and a good eye for fabrics.
Made By Katy – Katy was one of my early followers and I’m very glad you found me – I think I would have given up a long time ago had I not found Katy along with everyone else! I know Katy has already been nominated but I just wanted to show some love!
The Robot That Had A Heart – Klara is a Polish blogger and her posts really inspire me – I love her style and her pictures are always so pretty!
Maria Victoria Smith – I actually first found Maria on Instagram when we bonded over our mutual, and somewhat unusual affinity for The Netherlands. Her blog is well-written, engaging and it was so nice to find someone who liked the Dutch as much as me!