I know I’m a day late, but I can’t believe it’s June already! May has flown by and again, I’ve not quite fulfilled my monthly goals – I’ve been too busy! After the mad dash to get my dress done for the Dressmakers Ball, I needed a little sewing breathing space, but my sewing room hasn’t been that tidy for months! (It is no longer tidy…)
I did think about not setting any goals for June and just winging it, but I’ve found that at least having a short list has really helped give my sewing some focus, so I’m going to stick with it!
- Make Simplicity 1696. This is one of my #2017makenine pattern picks, and I’ve got some great suiting fabrics to make these with. I’m thinking maybe a slightly cropped length though, which would see me through to winter at work.
- Refashion a dress. I made a Seamwork Adelaide out of a really beautiful viscose but I’ve only worn it once – I felt really uncomfortable in it and I think I’ll get more use out of it if I refashion in to a top.
- Make a Lago tank from Itch to Stitch. This free pattern was only released recently, and I think I have enough left over jersey for a wearable muslin at least.
- A new top for work. No pattern in mind, but I’ve got rid of a lot of tops I used to wear so I need a few more woven tops that I can get away with at work. This will be a stash buster!
- As I say most months, I want to catch up on some blog posts! I have plenty that are half written; I just need to blog as quickly as I sew.
- Yet again, finish cataloguing my fabric stash… Yep, still not done it, but I have bought more fabric to add to the stash, and that’s the same thing, right?!
May in review
I finished my dress for the Dressmakers Ball, which you can read about here – I was really pleased with how it turned out! I also made the Valentina tee from La Maison Victor, which will be on the blog soon – I made it too short though! I didn’t get round to making another Granville shirt or another Simplicity 2255, but I want to refit both patterns properly as I’ve noticed my Granville’s definitely seem roomier than before! I did however make 2 Lark tees from Grainline Studio which I hope to at least photograph over the weekend, so they might be on the blog soon…ish…