June went past in a flash didn’t it?! I can’t believe it is July already. Lately I’ve left like I had really big plans for this year and have yet to achieve any of them, but that’s not really true. I had no big plans, just lots of small ones. I wonder if maybe I need to start pushing myself out of my comfort zone a bit more and see where that takes me – you know, applying for that opportunity, contacting this person etc. I don’t know… This is a bit deep for a Saturday! Hopefully July will be a month of productive reflection and I might come out on the other side with a more clear picture for the rest of the year. And even if I don’t, at least I tried!
I’ve been quite ambitious for this month and made a big list. I think I need a bit of a push to boost my productivity:
- finish the Melilot blouse from last month. This just needs the collar, hem and buttons so there isn’t far to go
- cut out a new pair of Ginger jeans. I’ve already got the denim and I think I need to cut a smaller size this time
- make an ironing board cover. Our current one was a cheap one and isn’t very nice and I have some nice cotton to use for a new cover
- make a Deer and Doe Datura blouse. I’ve been dying to make this and I will definitely have something in my stash that would work
- make a Grainline Hemlock tee. I recently bought some nice stripy jersey for a new Hemlock and this will be a quick make
- work on some embroidery. I have a sashiko kit I bought recently that I want to make this month. I need a project for when I’m sat in front of the tv!
- maybe make some shorts. The most recent issue of Love Sewing has a freebie shorts pattern that I think I want to try ahead of a holiday in the summer
- make some reusable makeup remover pads. I’m trying to reduce how many single use items I buy and thought this was an easy thing to address
June in review
I did make up 2 new pairs of Acacia knickers and I have now finished my Sasha trousers. I didn’t make n ironing board cover which is why it’s in my list for this month but I have started my Melilot shirt and I’m hoping I can finish that in an afternoon! I also had a bit of a blog revamp which I’m really pleased with although there a few things more to tweak. Let me know what you think of the new look!